Monday, March 16, 2020

Filming Blog: George English Park Part 2

On the fourth day of filming, Leila and I went back to George English park to film. The plan for this filming day was to film from scene 7 to 9. Originally, scene 9 was supposed to be filmed at a middle school; however, I discussed with Leila that we should film that seen at George English instead. I thought that would be a better idea because time would be wasted driving to another location. We didn't have a lot of time to film on this day. There was also a perfect spot to film scene 9. I didn't have a long time to film due to one of the actresses needing to be picked up at a certain time. One of the issues we had that wasted time was one of the actresses forgot their leather jacket. I had to go with the actresses to her house to get the leather jacket. I didn't want to use a different leather jacket because it wouldn't look the same as the one originally utilized.

Before I started filming, I reviewed the storyboard and checklist, so I could remind myself of what I needed to film. Similar to the other filming days, my main role was to be the camerawomen. I performed the same task I did every filming day, like videoing the scenes from multiple angles and shots. After I finished filming a scene, I would view some of the footage to make sure I had something to work with when editing. I learned by doing this I wouldn't have to re-shoot the scene later if I discovered there was nothing to use when editing.

Another role I had was to direct. I would direct the actresses on how they should act in the scenes and what emotions they should portray. I mainly remained them that they needed to act serious. I would also inform the actresses that they needed to speak their lines louder, so when sound is put over it, during editing, the audience can still hear them. During scene 9, I told the actress, Cori, when she was saying her line, "Hello, hello, hello, are you there?" to sound more worried after each "hello." I also gave her some examples of how to say it by saying the lines myself.

My last role was to act. This was the second day that I got to practice my acting. I didn't have any lines to say, but I did have different emotions to portray. In most of my scenes, I acted seriously, but when my character found out she was being followed she acts surprised.

This is a picture of me (middle) filming Kat.

No comments:

Post a Comment