Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Editing Blog: Drafting the Final Task

This blog consist of everything I did during three editing days. Leila and I discussed that we should put these three days in one blog because one of the days we got out early, another day was the second half of the peer review day, and the last day was a full editing day. My roles were the same for each of the three days.

On each of these days I started off by taking out the storyboard like I have done every previous editing day. Having the storyboard keeps me organized when I'm editing and helps me to not waste time. I definitely didn't want to waste any time on these days because I didn't have a lot to begin with.

My main role on these days was to add the footage to their respective tracks. On day four, I worked on creating scene 3. This was one of the longer scenes, so a lot of work needed to be done. I started off by having Leila read me off which take would be added from the checklist. This checklist was made by myself and Leila a few days earlier, so we wouldn't waste time picking out takes the day we planned to edit the scene. After all the footage was placed in the correct order I started trimming. Some of the footage consisted of an actress saying her line multiple times. This was done so all takes of the line could be found in one place. This meant when I was editing I had to cut out the takes we weren't going to use and save the one we were. When Leila had control over the laptop and was trimming I provided input on where the footage should be cut. On this day I also added in a split screen of the actresses getting ready.

On day five, I worked on create scenes 4-6. These scenes were relatively short, which is why I was able to edit them all in one day. On this day, I did mainly the same thing from the fourth day. I added the footage to the tracks where they belonged and cut them to the right length.

On day six, I worked on editing multiple scenes. There was a slight issue with viewing the footage on this day. I had to try to open the footage using different ways until I found one that worked. This delayed the amount of time I had to edit. After the issue was fixed I started editing. I added in the footage to the tracks and trimmed them. After adding in a lot of the footage I realized that there was still a lot in and we were almost at our max minutes. This meant that we were going to go over the 2 minute limit. In order to fix this, I discussed with Leila on what need to do and we decided to cut out some of the scenes. On this day I also helped Leila de-attach the audio from the footage to create a voice over. Furthermore, I slowed down some of the footage because it was to fast and hard to understand due to its original speed.

This is a picture of me ( ) viewing the footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment