Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing Blog: Cutting and Sound

On my second day of editing, the issues with Pinnacle Studio, the editing software, continued. The program was not opening up. Leila and I attempted to restart the laptops multiple times, but the program still refused to work. After attempting to open the system on three different laptops, I was finally able to find one that worked. I was glad to be able to edit on Pinnacle Studio; however, I already wasted a lot of time because it wouldn't open earlier. To make the situation worst, I had to re-dump all the footage onto the laptop, because we were using a different one from before. This took an extremely long time because there was a lot to download. I then had to import all the footage I had previously collected onto the program. While the footage was downloading, I took out the storyboard, so Leila and I would have something to reference when we were going to edit.

After the importing process was finished, I had Leila read of the checklist we had made on our first editing day, while I added the footage to the tracks. Having this checklist made earlier saved a lot of time because I didn't have to look for the footage to include in the film due to it already being written down. I added the footage according to the order it comes in the opening in order to stay organized.

After I was able to add scene 1 and part of scene 2's footage to a track I started to cut the footage to the length I wanted. When cutting the footage, I took Leila's input on where to cut and my own to figure out what was best. During this time I also added in some fades to make the scenes have a smoother transition. While Leila was adding in the sound, I provided input on where the sound should be placed and where it should start. After we finished editing and adding sound to scene 1 and 2 we watched it all the way through and made any changes necessary. Changes included: making scenes slower or faster and making scenes longer or shorter. Due to all the issues, we didn't have a lot of time to edit, so we did our best to use the time we did have wisely.

This is a picture of me adding footage to a track on Pinnacle Studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment