Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Editing the Commercial

Today in my AICE Media Studies class, I wasn't able to edit my commercial. I was informed by my teacher that there was a problem with the computers we were going to use. Also, that Pinnacle Studio, an editing software, wasn't working on all the computers. This issue caused us to get behind on finishing the commercial. We had to revise our commercial plan. I wish the computers would work because the problem is wasting valuable editing time. It is frustrating knowing that time is being wasted. However, we were told that we will get laptops as soon as possible, so we could begin the editing process. Our original plan today was to add in our transitions, edit the lighting, add the voice overs, and add the music.

While I couldn't edit today, I was able to do some last class on October 25. During that class my group and I mostly filmed any footage we were missing from our first day of filming. After we finished the filming process, we were able to edit. When my group and I got back to the classroom I dumped all the footage we got that day onto the computer. I also put all the footage on a flash drive. I did this so if the SD card were to go missing and if the footage from the computer was deleted, we wouldn't lose all our work from the previous days. Next, Leila and I opened up Pinnacle Studio, so we could import the footage to the software. The importing process didn't take a long time, so we still had a decent amount of time to start editing. I looked over all the footage we got that day. I got to explore the software, so I could have an understanding of how to work it when I get the ability to. I tried to add some of the footage to a track for practice. I was also able to make a match shot. My teacher was able to teach my group and I how to properly do a split screen for our commercial. During this time the computer started to act up, which made it hard to do any editing. The split screen was the last thing we were able to do on Pinnacle Studio before we had to turn it off because of the issue with the computers.

Since we weren't able to actually edit today, we went over the editing plan. As a group we discussed what transitions we want to use. We also talked about the type of lighting and sound we would want. We figured out the type of music we are putting in the background of the commercial. I wrote out the plan on a separate sheet of paper. I also wrote out the order we want our footage to be in. I did this, so when we get the ability to edit, we will not have to waste time on figuring out what to do. When we get the new laptops, I plan on starting the editing process immediately. It is stressful when you have a time limit to do work and you can't do it because of technological difficulties. I hope that the school will provide us with the laptops soon, so I can edit/finish my commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment