Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Editing Blog

On November 4th and today, I worked on editing the commercial. When I first found out that my class finally received new laptops, I was relieved. Mostly because it meant my group and I could finally start the editing process. We were only given two days to complete the process for the 30 second commercial. Trying to finish the commercial within those two days was kind of stressful and frustrating. Even though we got new laptops they were still slow, which wasted a lot of precious editing time. Disagreements within the group also caused some issues. However, even with the obstacles we were able to finish the editing. Now that the commercial is nearly complete, I can really appreciate all the effort that goes into making one. Overall, I believe that this project was an interesting experience.

On November 4th, Leila and I had to dump the footage onto the laptop again. We had to do this because we were using a different laptop then before. When all the footage was dumped and imported, I could finally start the editing process. On this day, I mostly took control over the laptop. I would look at the footage and discuss with my group what would be best to include in the commercial. When looking at the footage, I considered what take looked smoother and fit best. Viewing the footage on the editing software sometimes made it look choppy, so I pointed out that we could look at the footage directly from the folder. This way, it was easier to view the footage. When we decided what take to use, I would move the footage onto the track and cut it to fit the commercial. Also, I gave my opinion on what music my teammates were considering for the commercial and helped Leila with creating the split screen.

Today, November 6, I took less control over the laptop. I mostly provided my own input for the editing. At the beginning of the class, I helped cut any footage out from the track that we didn't need. I also worked with my group to speed up some of the footage, so the commercial would be 25 to 30 seconds. Leila imported the music that was found by Emma and Hailey, and I helped to add it to the track. The next step was to add in the voiceovers. I listened to all of the voiceover takes with my group and we agreed that Hailey's take was the best for the commercial. I also looked over the part of the footage where Leila and I are running in place next to the camera to exaggerate the sound of running. I helped add in the footsteps to the shots that involved running. I had to make the footage of the running in place not visible, so the audience could still see the commercial while hearing the footsteps. In order to get the commercial done we had to use every second provided to us. Overall, now that the commercial is nearly finished, I am happy to no longer have the stress that came with creating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment