Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Editing Lesson

Today in my AICE Media Studies class I learned about the camera I will be using to film. I also learned how to use a tripod. One of the most important things taught today was how to edit my footage. I think this is one of the most important things to learn because that is how I will be constructing my commercial. I first learned dumping. Dumping is when a person moves the footage from a SD card to a computer. I do this by putting my SD card in a SD holder, then plugging it into the computer. I go to my files and click on DCIM, which is where all my footage should be. If it isn't there I can go to private, click on AVCHD, then click on BDMV and look for my footage. Next, all I have to do it highlight the footage I want then move it to a folder.

I was also taught how to import. Importing is moving the footage from the desktop to the editing software. The software I am using for my commerical is called Pinnacle Studio. In order to import my footage, I first open Pinnacle Studio. I go onto the editing screen, go to file, and click create new movie. I then press the import button and press the plus sign by the word desktop. I go to my folder and click the footage I want to use in my commercial. Lastly, I press start import. Now that the footage has been imported I can start editing. In order to edit the raw footage, I would have to move the clips I want to the second track. Raw footage are the original takes. I would move the clips to track two because the first track will be used for titles and the third track will be for music.

After learning how to import, I learned about how to edit the footage. I was first showed how to do a cut. In order to do a cut I would have to use the red line to indicate the footage I want to get rid of. Then, I would click the button with a razor blade on it and click the footage I want deleted. After, I would press delete. I was also taught how to detach sound. To do this I would have to right click the footage I don't want to have sound. Next, I separate the image from the audio. If I want to detach the audio I would delete the sound. If I wanted to do a voiceover it would be done the same way, but I would delete the image of the person doing the voiceover, not the sound.

The last thing I learned was how to export. Exporting takes place when footage is taken from editing software to the computer. Once I'm finished with editing, I file save my film. I then hit the export button and have it transfered over to my commercial folder on the computer. I can then watch the rendered version of the commerical. Rendering is the process of attaching the footage in a way so the film runs smoothly. If I notice a mistake I can go back to Pinnacle Studio to fix it. If everything is perfect I can turn it in. Overall, today I learned a lot of  information on editing. I found the information taught in my class very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment