Thursday, April 2, 2020

Re-Shoot Blog

During my re-shooting day, I was able to get a lot done. I had to re-shoot some of the scenes from George English Park and Leila's house, but before I started to film I wanted to create a plan. Before Leila and I decided to film we established a list of everything we needed to make sure we wouldn't forget anything.

This re-shooting day began at George English park. There was a lot of filming that needed to be done at this location. I just needed to re-film the actress, Cori, saying her dialogue. This was because she was extremely hard to hear in the film. I was in charge of being the camerawoman while she recited her lines. I had her say her lines multiple times, so I could get different angles. Besides from filming, I also helped to direct. I would direct her where to stand to make sure she was in the frame of the camera and also where to look. Furthermore, I would let her know if she was being loud enough. I wanted to make sure she had enough volume when saying her lines because that was the reason for re-shooting scenes at the park.

After I re-filmed everything at the park, I car-pooled with Leila and Cori to Leila's house. Before we could film any of the scenes at Leila's house I had to wait for Kat to arrive. I didn't have to re-shoot any of Kat scenes at the park, so I told her she didn't have to come until later. While waiting for Kat, Leila and I sat down and discussed new dialogue for scene 3. Since we decided to no longer have comedy as a sub-genre we decided to change the original dialogue of scene 3. I suggested dialogue ideas and write down any of the ideas we came up with. This way we can have an overview of all the dialogue and chose what best fits the scene.

Once Kat arrived, no time was wasted and I started filming. Like a George English Park, I was in charge of being the camerawoman. Before I started filming, I told the actress where they needed to stand and to not move until I tell them otherwise. I didn't want them to move there position a lot because it was going to be a still conversation scene. During their conversation scene, I filmed over-the-shoulder shots, so I moved around a lot to get the shot I needed. When Cori was saying her dialogue I would stand behind Kat, and when Kat was stating her lines I would stand behind Cori. While I was filming, I was also helping to direct. During some parts of the scene, one of the actresses would start to smile. Scene 3 is meant to be a serious scene, so I would inform this actress when she started smiling and she would go back to being serious. I would also notify the two actresses if they were being loud enough. After I finished re-filming everything at Leila's house, I put all the equipment way, which brought the re-shooting day to an end.

This is a picture of Leila and me discussing the new dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment