Monday, April 13, 2020

Commercial Project

In this blog, I have attached my first AICE Media Studies project I have done this school year. My first assignment was to create a commercial about 30 seconds long. I had never filmed and edited anything before, so I was excited about the project. I was given a list of things I could advertise in my commercial and I chose to make one on Gatorade. I worked in a group for this project that consisted of myself and three other people. I only had a few days to plan, film, and edit. My main roles during this project were researcher, camerawoman, direct, and editor.

Before I started storyboarding the commercial I went online and researched Gatorade commercial. I did this research, so I could see what the conventions were for this type of commercial. After watching a few videos, I quickly learned that most Gatorade commercials are also sports commercials. After I learned this information I decided with my group that we should film on the school's track film. For this project, it had to be filmed at school. During the filming process, I was mainly the camerawoman. As the camerawoman, I got to learn about all the different angles and shots I could film at. This was my first time filming and I thought it was a very interesting experience. As one of the directors, I learned how to properly give instructions to other people. In the beginning, I did struggle to explain to the actress what I think they should do in a scene, but by the end, I was better at giving instructions. When I was editing, I learned how to dump footage onto a laptop and how to import it onto Pinnacle Studio. I also learned how to trim and add footage. I was also able to make a split-screen. During the end of the editing process, I exported the commercial.

After I had finished this project, I was happy with it. It was my first time creating a video. I thought this commercial was a great first attempt. When I look back at it now, I can pinpoint all my mistakes because I have gained a better understanding of film by doing other projects. Even though this may not be a perfect video, it is still the first video I had ever created so it is special to me. It special to me because I was able to learn so much by doing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment