Thursday, February 20, 2020

Filming Blog: Leila's House

On the first day of filming, I met up with Leila at her house. Before going to her house I had one of the spy actresses, Kat, be dropped off at my house, and I picked up the other spy actresses, Cori, so I could drive them to our filming location. I was in charge of providing transportation for the two actresses. Once I had arrived at Leila's house the filming process began. I pulled out the storyboard and a list of all the footage we need that I organized a few days before. I made this list because I felt that it would keep us more organized during filming and it would help us not forget anything that needed to be filmed. After I looked over everything and going over the plan, I believed we were ready to film.

One of my main roles was to act as the camerawoman. The first thing I wanted to film was the house establishing shot, so I went outside. While outside, I filmed many different shots and tried my best to avoid getting the house number in frame. I also filmed the zoom in on the front door before I headed back inside. The next step was to film all the scenes that took place in the kitchen, but before I could do that the set design needed to be made. I provided help on where the props looked best and if there was enough lighting. After the set design was completed, I was able to start filming. After these scenes were recorded I took the camera and tripod into one of the bedrooms to shot some of Kat's getting ready scenes, while Cori was getting her makeup done. When her makeup was finished, I shot her getting ready scenes. The last footage I needed to film that day was the conversation between the two spies and them putting their bags into a trunk. Filming the conversation scene was a little difficult because I needed to make sure the actresses didn't move from where they were standing; they aren't supposed to be moving around when they are talking. Everyone then went outside to take the shots that included the car. Overall, while I was filming I made sure to take many types of shots and angles, so when it was time to edit there would be a lot to work with. I also made sure to record multiple takes to make sure there was at least one good one to include in the opening.

My other job was to direct the actresses. I told the actresses how to act during the different scenes and what emotions they should be portraying. For example, I informed the actresses that they needed to act worried when their characters realized they made a mistake. I also discussed with Leila how the actresses should be acting.


No comments:

Post a Comment