Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Editing Blog: Dumping and Checklist

On my first day of editing, I had to dump the footage collected from Leila's House and George English Park onto a laptop. I received an SD holder from my teacher, so I could transfer the footage from the SD card to the laptop. There was an issue with finding the footage on the SD card, but after receiving help from the teacher, I was able to find it. Before I dumped anything, I created a folder to store all of it, to stay organized. Another minor issue was, that downloading the footage took a long time because the laptops were extremely slow. This decreased the amount of time I had to edit.

The editing process took place in class, so I didn't have a lot of time to edit due to the dumping issues mentioned earlier. Even though I didn't have much time, I made sure to use every minute wisely. Once everything was dumped, I pulled up the footage, so Leila and I could review them. I watched the footage in the order it will appear in the opening, so I could check that I filmed everything needed. To make sure I was viewing the footage in the right order, I took out the storyboard and reviewed it. If anything was missing I informed Leila, so she could write it down. While watching the footage we also discussed whether or not if the piece of footage should be used. I provided my opinion on if a scene needed to re-filmed. If the piece of footage was shaky, if the actresses were too quiet, or if the actresses were smiling when they weren't supposed to, I suggested that we should re-film it. I also proposed ideas on how some of the footage should be implemented into the opening. While I was able to watch all the collected footage, I wasn't able to edit anything on Pinnacle Studio, the editing software, because it wasn't working. The program wasn't loading, which meant I couldn't import the footage for editing.

At the end of class, I looked over the list Leila had made that stated what footage we will be using in the opening and what needed to be re-filmed. I provided input on the list, like if anything was missing from it.

This is a picture of me viewing the footage.







No comments:

Post a Comment