Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Blog Part 1

Today in my AICE Media Studies class, I am supposed to be writing a blog about filming my music video. However, since I didn't film over the weekend, I haven't started the filming process. My plan is to do all of the filming this Wednesday and any other filming during the weekend because it is Thanksgiving break. Doing the filming all over break gives me more time to film. While I didn't film over the past weekend, I did more planning for the music video and made sure I had everything for it. This included making sure I had all the props for the video and making a list of what needs to be filmed.

On Saturday, I met up with my group mate, Leila, to go over the props. We wanted to make sure we had all the props we would need for the video. We also went into further detail with our props, like what types of food we would include in the picnic. Some of the food we decided on was apples and crackers with cheese. I also went with Leila to many department stores to find the costumes. It was difficult to find a white dress with red flowers. After looking for a long time, we were able to find a white floral dress, but it wasn't exactly what we were looking for. We bought it as a backup dress, but we continued looking. I then remembered Leila had borrowed a white dress with red flowers one time that would be perfect for our main actress to wear. I asked the person who owned the dress if we could borrow it for the video and she said yes. We discovered that we still needed to get a honey necklace, so I was in charge of finding one. I went to many different stores and didn't find anything I felt would be good for the video, so I decided to looked online. While looking at many different online stores I found a variety of options for the necklace. I narrowed it down to a few of my favorites then consulted with Leila on which one I should buy. The necklace we agreed would be best was gold in color and had the word honey written out in lowercase letters. It also came with a blue present box that we thought would be a good addition to the video.

Over the weekend I also made a list that consisted of everything that needed to be filmed. This included what scenes would be in the video and any other ideas that we might later decide we want to add. While writing out the filming list I was looking over the storyboard to make sure I wouldn't forget to include anything. I also wrote out a separate list of the different movements and shots I need for the video. I did this so I could make sure I had a variety of shots and movements to edit into the music video. Having this list would help us stay organized while we are filming and would help us time management our filming day. I don't want to waste any filming times trying to figure out what needs to be filmed. I also don't want to worry about forgetting to video any of the scenes, especially the more important ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment