Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of the Final Task

Hello, my name is Hannah and I am a student in Florida. I am currently fifteen years old and I am in my sophomore year of high school. This school year I am taking three AICE classes: AICE European History, AICE Media Studies, and AICE English. Last year I took AICE Global Perspective, AICE Marine Science, and AICE General Papers. I have a strong interest in choir, theatre, and psychology.
This year I am also taking a vocal ensemble class and I take part in its after school club. I really enjoy getting to sing as a group with my friends and it helps me relax when I'm stressed. I also have a great love for theatre. Last year I took part in backstage crew for a high school musical production. This year I am going to theatre workshops in New York. When I graduate from high school I plan on majoring in psychology because I enjoy helping other people. I volunteer a lot at a elementary school because I love helping the kids. I also have an interest in reading and drawing. Whenever I get a second of free time I used to to read or draw. I don't get to do them often because I am usually very busy, but I have a lot of fun doing the activities when I get the opportunity to.

I have learned a lot about film making over the first semester of the year and I look forward to using the knowledge I have gained to create my final task. Over the first half of the year I have made a commercial and a music video. From these two assignment, I have learned about, development, pre-production, production, post-production, and distribution. I also gained knowledge on how to develop a story, film using different techniques, and edit in different effects. My favorite things I have learned this year is storyboarding, filming, and editing. The storyboarding processes is one of my favorites because I'm able to use my imagination to create a story. Filming is always fun because I get to utilized my camera skills. I enjoy being behind the camera and filming a story I created. With editing I get to practice skills I wouldn't usually be about to. I can't wait to showcase everything I have learned into the final task. For the final task I am working with my group mate Leila.

A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea in 25 words or less. With my group mate, Leila, we created three pitch ideas.

1) Two girls ordinary by day, by night are spies and are tasked to protect a special item.

2) A romantic comedy of two girls who fall in love over their love for food and baking.

3) A love story between two girls where one of them is a captain of the club and the other one is captain of a sport team.



No comments:

Post a Comment