Thursday, December 5, 2019

Editing Blog for Music Video

On December 2 and 4, 2019, in my AICE Media Studies class, I worked on editing my music video. I really enjoyed doing the editing process because for the most part it was coming together like it was originally planned. Editing is one of my favorite parts because I get to see the music video come to life. During the editing process there were very few issues. One of the issues we had was, my group mate and I were worried that we didn't get enough footage; however, we were able to work around this issue and in the end we did have enough. Since, this is my second time editing a video I had more knowledge on how to do it. This meant the editing process didn't take as much time as when I created my first video. Leila and I also have great time management skills, which helped with getting the video done as quickly as we could with it still being high quality. Overall, I felt that the editing process for the music video went very well and that the end product was worth all the time and effort my group mate and I put into the video.

On December 2, 2019, before my group mate and I started editing, we looked back at our previous blogs, such as the storyboarding blog. This was helpful because it gave me a reminder of what the video was supposed to look like. While Leila was downloading our music I was working on importing the footage. On the previous day, I downloaded the footage from the SD card to my flash drive. I did this on my own computer at home. I felt that it would be easier to download the footage onto the school laptop through the flash drive. After all the footage was downloaded onto a file, I imported it onto the editing program. The program I used is called Pinnacle Studio. After Leila imported the music we started editing. During this day, I took more control over the laptop, while Leila shared her opinions. The first thing I wanted to do was put the footage in the correct order. I would look at the different takes of the same scenes and decide which looked best with my group mate. After choosing, I would add the footage to the track. I also cut a lot of the footage, so there wouldn't be any unwanted footage shown in the music video. My group mate and I worked during the entire class time, so we could finish the music video as soon as possible. By the end of class, we finished adding and cutting most of the footage. We were about three fourths finished.

On December 4, 2019, we were able to finish editing the video. Unfortunately, we did have some issues with editing. When Pinnacle Studios was opened, Leila immediately realized that the music wasn't playing. When we couldn't figure out why it wasn't playing, we went to our teacher for assistance. Our teacher tried doing a few things; however, it still wasn't working. After many trials, it was decided that we should re-import the music. This meant Leila also had to re-cut the music track to fit the video. This wasted a lot of time, which I wasn't thrilled about. However, I put it behind me and got back to work. After that, I worked on adding and cutting any of the footage that was still needed for the video. It didn't take me to long because my group mate and I mostly finished it on our first editing day. The next thing for me to do was add in the transitions. I wanted to add in fades to make the video more interesting and to better showcase the music video's story. After I finished the transitions, Leila changed the speed of some of the footage. While she was doing that, I gave her some of my suggestions for the speed of the footage. One of the last steps was changing the colors of some of the scenes. Leila and I worked together to figure out which color filter would be best. We decided on one that dulled the colors in the footage. After the color change was applied to the pieces of footage we wanted, I exported the music video. Exporting was the last step of the music video's editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment